Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 23 mins
Make your own lavender latte at home, without any fancy equipment
For Lavender Latte
- 8 ounces strong coffee
- ¼ cup half and half (or milk of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons Lavender Syrup (recipe below)
- Dried Lavender for garnish (if desired)
For Lavender Syrup
- ¼ cup dried lavender
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons water
- To make the Lavender Syrup
- Add ½ cup water and ¼ cup lavender to a sauce pan, bring to a boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes. Strain out flowers and discard.
- In a clean saucepan, add ½ cup of sugar and 3 Tablespoons water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then stir in lavender liquid. Whisk until fully combined, remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer to storage container and keep in the fridge.
To make the Lavender Latte
- Place milk into a microwave safe jar and heat for about 30 seconds, until warm. Tightly screw lid onto jar and shake for a few seconds, until milk is foamy. Place 2 tablespoons of lavender syrup in a mug. Pour hot, strong coffee over syrup. Top with foamy milk. Garnish with dried lavender, if desired.
*feel free to adjust amounts of ingredients as needed. Use more or less syrup, milk and coffee to suit your tastes.